A Memorable Experience: Being A Teacher!

Thảo luận trong 'I wonder' bắt đầu bởi Bảo Ngọc N. T 6A5, 4/12/16.

1. Bảo Ngọc N. T 6A5

Bảo Ngọc N. T 6A5 New Member

Tham gia ngày:
    14/10/16
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    Giới tính:
    Nữ
    The I term final exams are approaching and so is ESL. But Mr. Nick - our ESL teacher - decided to give 6A5 a %5 - worthy project in order to let us experience 35 minutes of being a TEACHER.

When we were first assigned this project, I was really excited as I wanted to experience the feeling of standing before a class, teaching what I know to the students. And to be honest, I didn't think it was going to be hard!

However, when I got together with my group as a leader of a 8-member group along with Saly, what I felt was only stress, stress and stress. Covering up the hardest unit of the three that Mr. Nick chose wasn't what our group expected. We got A LOT to do and the lesson was on Friday.

At first, our group didn't communicate well enough and that was my fault as a leader. But then, thanks to the harmony of 8 souls wanting to have the %5 added in the participation score, we gave our best, ran things as smoothly as possible and finished the lesson with relief and pride.

What I'm trying to share through this post is not how hard we worked to create such a harmony in our group and the project, but it's my emotions and feelings when I'm in the teachers' shoes. Through this project, I realize that being a teacher isn't easy, the job isn't all about facing students and reading some grammar points and vocabulary and then give them homework. Being a teacher is about teaching students what they need to know, making lessons interesting and keeping the students awake for the whole lesson, organizing the best boardworks, giving them tips to do well on tests - I tell you what, IT IS A LOT OF WORK.

I would like to send the most sincere thank you to Mr. Nicholas Emerson Bernhard for giving me the chance to understand how hard teachers work, how stressed they are and how they struggle to live up to the students' expectations.

Thank you for reading and sharing my thoughts with me!

2. Lan Nguyen

Lan Nguyen New Member

Tham gia ngày:
    11/10/16
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    Giới tính:
    Nữ
    Các bài viết của Ngọc cần được lược dịch qua tiếng Việt con nhé!

Chia sẻ trang này